North Perrott Manor
The Manor is Grade II* listed and was designed and built by T.H. Wyatt in 1877 for Henry William Paget Hoskyns in the style of the 16th century. Screen walling enclosing the lawn South East of the house, a stable block and walling enclosing the forecourt North West of the house are all Grade II listed. An attractive Summerhouse 70 metres West of the house, also Grade II listed, was added in 1880. The Manor, which was lived in by Henry William Paget Hoskyns and his wife Mabella Henrietta Georgina, passed to his son Henry William Whitby (Hal) in 1921 on the death of his father. In 1929 Hal married Lilian Emilie Furse. The family moved out in 1939 when Feltonfleet School from Surrey was evacuated to the manor for the duration of the War. The school returned to Surrey in 1945 and Mr Bill Grundy, the former assistant Headmaster from Feltonfleet, founded Perrott Hill School, a boys Preparatory School, in September 1946. In 1960 the manor house and 25 acres became the property of Perrott Hill School. Mr and Mrs Grundy retired in 1970. Under the leadership of the succeeding Headmasters the school has gone from strength to strength.